Welcome to Guuurl, That's My Jam!

Here, have some rules:

1. Prompts are bi-weekly (lasting 14 days) and the rotational schedule to pick prompts can be found to your right, under ►Playlist. An "at-a-glance" version of the current jam can be found under ►Now Playing.

2. Posting a fill for each prompt isn't mandatory, but you MUST post at least one fill for the prompt preceding yours, otherwise your turn to pick a prompt will be skipped.

3. Please don't ask to join the blog (unless we know you). This place was created for classmates to keep in touch upon graduation, and as such it's pretty much invite only. You're more than welcome to follow for updates or play along at home and post the results at your own blogs. :)

6.9.11

Just as Mayerson described



I don't know if anybody remembers the lecture that Mayerson served us a healthy dose of reality, but during it he described the ideal studio having big windows and exposed brick. The studio that we all wanted to work for... and the studio most of us wouldn't work for. It also happens to be the apartment/loft that I want to live in with my future cat, Milo (or Killswitch if she's a girl). This took me all day yesterday, but I found myself continuing with it just to see how it looked at the end.  The thing on the right is a firepole and I was really excited about it when I started but personally it takes a backseat to some of the other features. I don't know if I could be a comic book artist if I'd be doing something like this (with charcters) everyday. Overall, I'm pleased with it.

7 comments:

  1. awesome loft! love the huge windows [:

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...dude is that a pole to another floor?
    ...COOOOLLL 8D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god that's so cool! I want a fire pole, even if I gotta smash a hole in my floor to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exposed brick! Wheee. You've always been great at layout, and this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, Johnny. I like the 1940s train station feel you've got going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw shucks, thanks guys. I'm glad you picked up on that Nick, I was definitely using them for reference.

    ReplyDelete