
Hey guys, this isn't a post and I'm sorry about breaking protocol but many (or most) of you are better designers than I am and I would love your input on this. This is an idea for a tattoo that I've had forever and with all the free time I had in late summer I started putting it together. I want to put it on my left shoulder and the foliage would wrap around to the back and a little to the front. I'm not thrilled with it however. I still like the idea and the basics of it, but it didn't come out perfect and I think its probably just in need of fresh eyes. If you read the notes in red it kinda lets you know what parts I'm stuck on and what's not done. Thanks guys.
This looks quite nice. Though I'm not the best designer here I do think there are a few things that could make this stronger.
ReplyDeleteYou probably want to do some more thick and thin on those lines and tighten them up. For the rock you could take a dark navy colour and on a separate layer, at about 10-20 % opacity, just paint on the shadows.
This is just an opinion but the dark grey looks a little odd at the bottom of that tree. You can try extending it to the rest of the tree or replace it with the same sort of dark yellow ochre you have already. The shadows you have going at the edges of the trees look good and you can do more of that to suggest foliage.
The other thing that might be nice is if you have some gaps in the tree foliage where your skin would show through.
Hope this helps and good luck with the tattoo :)
The foliage reminds me of anime hair. I don't say to be offensive, but thats the first image that came to mind. I think its mostly because of the mustardy colour, Which I REALLY do not think will look good on your skin. Therefore, have you maybe tried the design with different coloured foliage? or even no foliage at all?
ReplyDeleteI think there has to be foliage, a dead or winter tree is too emo for me. You might be right about the yellow, would red work better do you think?
ReplyDeleteRed would probably be better.. I agree on the yellow. Looks like someone went Super Saiyan on your tree.
ReplyDeleteBut! I quite like the base, that all looks nice!