Welcome to Guuurl, That's My Jam!

Here, have some rules:

1. Prompts are bi-weekly (lasting 14 days) and the rotational schedule to pick prompts can be found to your right, under ►Playlist. An "at-a-glance" version of the current jam can be found under ►Now Playing.

2. Posting a fill for each prompt isn't mandatory, but you MUST post at least one fill for the prompt preceding yours, otherwise your turn to pick a prompt will be skipped.

3. Please don't ask to join the blog (unless we know you). This place was created for classmates to keep in touch upon graduation, and as such it's pretty much invite only. You're more than welcome to follow for updates or play along at home and post the results at your own blogs. :)

11.3.12

Johnny of Earth


Mild mannered Johnny goes to bed after eating two dozen thai curry chicken wings and at the zenith of the planetary alignment is teleported to a fantastic new world of science, magic and luscious ladies! His alien makeup has granted him fantastic abilities and he begins an epic quest to conquer the evil wizards of the world and bring about the prophecy!

Having read Princess of Mars, I'm kind of excited for John Carter of Mars to come out and I think this reflects it. Video game-wise it would probably be closest to Brutal Legend crossed with God of War and Infamous. In short, the greatest game ever. Self character sheets are hard, by the way. They involve more introspection then I would have though and I was trying to be funny on top of it. No numbers though, math is lame. Arg! I should have put a weakness to math.

4 comments:

  1. Badass. But why is your scruff so gray? Makes you look like a grandpa.

    Can't wait for the character sheet ~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going for that blue-grey stubble look. I've seen it work before but apparently failed utterly. Thanks Dee, SOB!

    No seriously I was just going for distinct scruff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH, okay I see that now. For the future, I'd recommend doing the scruff on a separate layer (without lining it in) in a grayish blue-green. Set the layer to multiply and lower the opacity and bam, you've got scruff that plays off the skin tone underneath. (here's an example, because I enjoy meddling hoho)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, thanks dude. Let me know what you think of the sheets.

    ReplyDelete